Free and simple software updater creator
Add the "Check for Updates" feature into any Windows program with ease
Actual Updater is a simple tool that was designed to help software developers to easily provide latest versions of their applications to users. The process of adding the "Check for Updates" feature into your application takes just a few steps.
All you need to do is add two files into your app's main folder, and upload one tiny file to your website. Here is described step-by-step tutorial.
The Actual Updater package contains only two files: Updater.exe and Config.exe . First file is the main updater file that will be used for checking for updates and should be distributed along with your application. Second file is used to generate configuration files: Updater.ini and update.txt .
Actual Updater Free Edition
Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Package size: 3 MB
Version 3.3 - September 01, 2018
- Improved functionality;
- Added feature "Automatically check for updates on Main Executable Launch";
- Added "Options" dialog - allows the user to disable auto checking for updates.
Version 3.2 - April 02, 2018
- Smart Notification - if a user decline the update notification for two times, the program will prompt to not notify for the current version;
- While using the parameter "/Q" and Downloader, the program will download a file in silent mode and then launch it;
- Command-line parameter: /L "file" - Automatically launch a file when the updater is started. More details here;
- Command-line parameters: /CHECKAUTORUN and /AUTORUNOFF - Checks if Autorun is enabled; disable Autorun. More details here.
Version 3.1 - April 12, 2017
- Ability to use Downloader;
- Command-line parameter: /Q - quiet mode, no messages, only exit codes;
- Messages are now displayed on the top;
- Option to set Product Name as Updater Title.
- Bug with quick flashing the program on startup in the silent mode;
- Bug with checking for updates on Windows startup;
- Little bugs.
What Users Say
"I have successfully tried the Actual Updater program and found it very appreciated." - Adisorn, from Australia
"What an excellent product. Great work! I recommend this product to all my peers." - Rudy, from USA