Actual Updater - Free software update creator
Add an update functionality into your Windows program with ease
Actual Updater is a simple tool that was designed to help software developers to easily provide latest versions of their applications to users. You can implement the update feature into any Win32/64 application to keep it up-to-date. With Actual Updater, your users will be able to check for updates Manually (via shortcut in Start Menu or from Help menu of your application). You can also configure the updater to Automatically check for updates: on Windows startup, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
Actual Updater supports fully automatic updates. With this feature your application will be able to update itself automatically - whene a new version available, the updater will download and install it without user interaction.
Actual Updater uses smart notifications. If there is a new version of your application available, but the user twice declines the update notification, the updater can suggest the user to not being notified about this version, or suggest to change the update frequency.
The process of adding an update functionality into your application is very easy. All you need to do is add two files into your app's main folder, and upload one tiny file to your website. Learn more: How to add an update feature to my program.
Actual Updater Free Edition
Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Package size: 3.4 MB
Version 4.3 - February 12, 2020
- Ability to update only main executable file;
- Ability to specify additional parameters for the updater via UpdaterParameters.
- Command-line to set the option "Install Updates Silently" - /SILENTUPDATE;
- Different options for the Smart Notification feature: turn off notification for current version, open Options dialog, automatically turn off the notification for current version;
- Config.exe: option "Use File Version" for the function "Get Product Version from: Main Executable";
- Config.exe: option "Administrator privileges required" to automatically elevate the permission for tasks that require administrator rights;
- Translations for some missed text.
- Bug when multiple update processes are launched at the same time;
- Little bugs.
Version 4.2 - January 05, 2020
- Bug with the feature Silently Install Updates performed via Task Scheduler.
Version 4.1 - September 05, 2019
- Improved the feature Automatically Check for Updates - tasks now have the flag "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed";
- Use the same title as the caption in the taskbar;
- Command-line /AUTORUNAPPON;
- Improved the feature Smart Notification;
- Files that downloaded during update are deleted from TEMP folder on next launch of updater;
- If translated text "Check for Updates" is more that 20 characters, long button will be used.
- Bug with the feature Automatically Check for Updates - tasks are not created on non-English Windows;
- Little bugs.
Version 4.0 - March 14, 2019
- Options for the feature "Automatically Check for Updates" Every Day, Every Week, Every Month;
- A feature that allows users to change the frequency for updates: daily, weekly, or monthly;
- A feature that allows users to enable and disable the checking for updates at Windows Startup and at Main Executable Launch;
- A command-line parameter to open the "Options" dialog and to set default frequency for updates: /O 1;
- Command-line parameters to enable / disable the "Automatically Check for Updates" features. More details here.
- A bug with auto-updating when using Downloader;
- Little bugs.
Version 3.3 - September 01, 2018
- Improved functionality;
- Added feature "Automatically check for updates on Main Executable Launch";
- Added "Options" dialog - allows the user to disable auto checking for updates.
Version 3.2 - April 02, 2018
- Smart Notification - if a user decline the update notification for two times, the program will prompt to not notify for the current version;
- While using the parameter "/Q" and Downloader, the program will download a file in silent mode and then launch it;
- Command-line parameter: /L "file" - Automatically launch a file when the updater is started. More details here;
- Command-line parameters: /CHECKAUTORUN and /AUTORUNOFF - Checks if Autorun is enabled; disable Autorun. More details here.
Version 3.1 - April 12, 2017
- Ability to use Downloader;
- Command-line parameter: /Q - quiet mode, no messages, only exit codes;
- Messages are now displayed on the top;
- Option to set Product Name as Updater Title.
- Bug with quick flashing the program on startup in the silent mode;
- Bug with checking for updates on Windows startup;
- Little bugs.
What Users Say
"I have successfully tried the Actual Updater program and found it very appreciated." - Adisorn, from Australia
"What an excellent product. Great work! I recommend this product to all my peers." - Rudy, from USA
"I've been using ActualUpdater to create the update program for my software and it works perfectly. And thank you very much for this new feature 'smart notification'! Some of my customers do not hurry to upgrade and they get annoyed when the notification pops-up again and again. Now they can disable it." - David S.